Sunday, August 2, 2009

cool kid











Today my friend Emilie and I went to Balboa Park to look through an art museum. On the way in, I got distracted taking pictures, and she got distracted by a kid performing a magic show. I say kid, but what I mean is a teenager. Emilie loved the show, and showed her love by donating $10 into his hat (which is astronomical for her, as a tightwad), and then lecturing him on how he should always do what his heart tells him, which he was thankful for. Emilie has the talent of striking up a conversation with ANYONE and pulling them into her world. Hmmm, must be an Emily thing.

I was so happy! It was a beautiful day outside, I got to look at all manner of art, I got to people watch, I got to be inspired by beautiful things, I got to talk to really interesting people, and I got hawaiian shaved ice!! (not as good up here, but still tasty). All in all, I'd say it was a day well spent. Will definitely be going back soon.

1 comment: